Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Kidde Worry Free Carbon Monoxide Alarm Review and Giveaway

“The featured product was provided free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% the opinion of the Coupon Savvy Sarah family.”

One of the most dangerous things in your home is carbon monoxide (CO), which can be deadly within minutes. Colorless, odorless and tasteless, CO is the leading cause of unintentional poisoning deaths in the U.S. The only safe way to detect it is with a working CO alarm. And, according to the U.S. Census, while 75% of all homes have a potential source of carbon monoxide – like a water heater, fireplace, furnace, generator or any other fuel-burning appliance – only half of U.S. homes have a working CO alarm.


Kidde’s Worry-Free Carbon Monoxide Alarm is the first and only UL-listed CO alarm proven to provide up to 10 years of protection – up to twice the lifespan of other available alarms. Kidde’s Worry-Free CO alarms contain a sealed-in lithium battery that powers the alarm for a decade, eliminating annoying low-battery chirps while helping to keep your loved ones safe.
Our CO detector was over 15 years old and twice a year we would test it to ensure the batteries were still operating. Luckily our old detector only went off once during the time we have lived in our home and thankfully it wasn't an emergency situation!
We have been looking to update our alarms in our house so after some careful research, I reached out to Kidde Alarms due to their reputation and their "Worry Free" alarms!
Kidde sent us out their Worry Free 10 Year Sealed Battery Carbon Monoxide Alarm which is fantastic because that means we don't have to change the battery for 10 YEARS!!! We will continue to test it twice a year but that is nice to remove that worry from our minds about the battery needing to be changed.
Our new Kidde CO Alarm has a very Easy-to-Read Display and my favorite feature is the continuous monitoring of the Carbon Monoxide levels (from 30-999 PPM) - our old alarm never had such a reliable feature such as that! The alarm is very loud so it will be hard to sleep through it if a CO leak were to occur while you were sleeping and there is a feature  (Peak Level Memory) that even allows you to recall the highest carbon monoxide level detected. Plus not having to deal with the annoying low-battery chirps because of the 10 years lithium battery life - huge benefit!
Kidde Alarms and products are available at stores nationwide including Home Depot, Walmart, Walgreens and online at Amazon.

Kidde has generously allowed us to give one Worry Free 10 Year Sealed Battery Carbon Monoxide Alarm to one lucky Coupon Savvy Sarah reader! Just enter on the Rafflecopter for your chance to win!

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Coupon Savvy Sarah receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for deliver of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 225: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising"

32 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome product - it would be nice to not have to worry about replacing the batteries on something so important for a while!! Thanks for the chance to win Kidde!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would put it in our bed room our hallway by our bed room

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WOULD INSTALL ON MY SECOND FLOOR HALLWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would put it in the hallway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would put it upstairs in the hallway central to all our bedrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would put this in the start of the hallway so it would get the most use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would put in the stair way. It would be in the middle between the bedroom and the front room. This where we spend most of our time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would install it in the hallway because it is the middle of the house.
    Dena Morales
    DenaMorales78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. IN THE LIVING ROOM. OUR LIVING ROOM IS ALMOST IN THE CENTER OF OUR HOUSE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great review and giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an extraordinary giveaway! Very safety oriented and functional for today's houses! I would put that Kiddie Carbon Monoxide Alarm in the upstairs hallway where it could be heard by all who are sleeping to save lives!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would install it in our second floor hall way. Thats where all the bedrooms are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would install it in the alarm in the basement rec room. We spend a lot of time there :)

    donovandiva61269@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. In our dining room. Pretty much would cover the first floor.. (kelsey S)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Main floor hallway (Cynthia Dubuque)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would put it in the hallway by the bedrooms above where our gas furnace is :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd put it in the hallway where its close to kitchen :) thanks for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would install it in my cellar stairway..

    ReplyDelete
  19. In the hallway close to the kitchen and the bedrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would install this in my hallway since that is in the middle of my home.

    ReplyDelete
  21. In the hallway where the bedrooms are.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd put this in our family room.

    Rafflecopter name: Nicole Vosburgh

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll put it in the living room. Ty for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would put this in the kitchen.
    Michele Cupp

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would put this in our kitchen as the furnace is right by the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would definitely use it. I'd put it in the hallway between all the bedrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I live in a mobile home do I would put it in the hallway because all other rooms lead of it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would install it in the hallway leading upstairs to the bedrooms!

    ReplyDelete