“The featured product was provided free of charge Entenmann's to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% the opinion of the Coupon Savvy Sarah family.”
Did you know that Friday, June 5, 2015 is National Donut Day? Entenmann’s Bakery, a division of Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU), has partnered with The Salvation Army for this delicious holiday.
To recognize the holiday, originally founded by The Salvation Army to honor those in military service, Entenmann’s will be featuring a new Rich Frosted Patriotic Donut Eight Pack, and a “National Donut Day Free Donuts for a Year” Facebook sweepstakes, all to commemorate the men and women serving, and who have served our country. In addition to this sweepstakes, Bimbo Bakeries will donate $1 to the Salvation Army (up to $30,000) for each entry received through their Facebook page.
National Donut Day Fun Facts
- National Donut Day commemorates the “donut lassies,” female Salvation Army volunteers who provided writing supplies, stamps, clothes-mending and home-cooked meals, and of course, donuts, for soldiers on the front lines.
- With limited resources, these treats were fried, only seven at a time. The Salvation Army’s Ensign Margaret Sheldon and Adjutant Helen Purviance cleverly thought of frying donuts in soldiers’ helmets. Approximately 250 Salvation Army volunteers provided assistance to American soldiers, in France, starting in 1917 during WWI.
- Now in its 150th anniversary year, The Salvation Army is located in more than 120 countries worldwide. In 2014, nearly 30 million Americans received assistance from The Salvation Army's over 3,500 officers, 60,700 employees and 3.5 million volunteers.
- With donut bakeries in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, Fort Worth, Texas and Montebello, California, Entenmann’s produces more than 780 million donuts a year, 15 million donuts a week and more than 100,000 donuts every hour to keep up with the demands of Entenmann’s donut lovers nationwide.
- The Rich Frosted Donut has been the #1 seller since its introduction in 1973.
In the fifth year of the partnership and in celebration of the historic day, Entenmann’s will be awarding lucky fans with “Free Donuts for a Year” as well as other prizes through the sweepstakes link on the Entenmann’s Facebook page here until July 3, 2015.For every consumer (fan or not) that enters the Facebook “National Donut Day Free Donuts for a Year” Sweepstakes, $1 will be donated to The Salvation Army, up to $30,000. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on July 3, 2015. Winners will be randomly selected from all submissions. Official Rules can be found at www.entenmanns.com. No purchase necessary.
Entenmann's Little Bites is giving Coupon Savvy Sarah readers a chance to win a special Entenmann's Prize Package ($50 Value)!!
The Prize Package includes 5 $7 Entenmann's Product Coupons and one specially created Entenmann's insulated canvas lunch bag (Prize valued at $50.)
Just enter on the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Coupon Savvy Sarah receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 225: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising"