Our Avocado Feta Salsa is a simple side dish that is so easy to prepare and not only packs a flavor punch, but is very versatile in how to serve it. We make this all year round and have served it as a stand-alone salsa dip, on tacos and burritos, as a side salad at a picnic and even as an accompaniment to grilled steak, chicken and pork. I will admit that my husband and I have also stood over the bowl armed with a fork or spoon and stuffed our faces with this flavorful dish - it's creamy from the avocados with a burst of saltiness from the feta cheese and the flavor of the vinegar, lime and cilantro - YUM!
If preparing this salsa for a larger crowd, just increase batch by doubling, tripling, etc your ingredients but bear in mind to taste-test the olive oil, red win vinegar and lime juice after each addition as to not overpower the salsa - they are merely more to flavor the dish.
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsps cilantro, chopped
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 avocados, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 dashes of lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl, adding the feta cheese last to the salsa.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours minimum before serving.
- Keep covered to avoid avocado turning brown.