Fall is officially here - whether the weather wants to accept that or not. Time to start pulling out our favorite recipes that warm our bellies and bring our families together (aka...comfort food). My Butternut Squash Bisque with Garlic is just that recipe! This soup recipe is easy to make and it uses your crockpot so you can go about your day while the soup simmers away. Feel free to use your favorite dried herbs in place of any we used and you could even use a flavored cream cheese in place of the plain cream cheese just to change of the flavor of the soup.
- 1 medium-large onion, chopped
- 2 medium butternut squashes, peeled, cubed
- 6-8 peeled garlic cloves (your preference)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1-2 tsp garlic/herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
- In 4-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except cream cheese.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- In blender or food processor, place one-third to one-half of mixture at a time. Cover; blend on high speed until smooth (We used our Ninja food processor).
- Return mixture to slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.