LEGO is a timeless toy that has been played with for generations - I know some of my sets have been passed onto my daughter and they look as good as the day they were purchased a few decades ago! We visited LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Chicago a year ago and had so much fun with all the cool displays built out of LEGOs, fun rides and of course, the gift shop! When we were visiting SEA LIFE Aquarium this past April and saw sign up about LEGOLAND Discovery Center Michigan coming to Great Lakes Crossing Mall - I think Rose did a little happy dance!!
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Michigan celebrated the beginning of construction on with a groundbreaking ceremony yesterday, Monday, September 28. Bertie, the LEGOLAND Discovery Center mascot, joined the fun when a large construction truck ceremoniously dumped 50,000 LEGO bricks to the delight of the school children.
|Some of the inside renderings of the upcoming attraction!|
Here are some details on the upcoming LEGOLAND attraction:
- The LEGOLAND Discovery Center Michigan will be indoors and 32,000-square-feet.
- There will be more than one million LEGO bricks and themed exhibits including a 4D cinema, two interactive rides, large soft play areas and a uniquely Michigan-themed MINILAND display.
- The LEGOLAND attraction will offer families a fun, interactive and educational 2-3 hour experience and will be ideal for children ages 3-10 years old.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Michigan is a part of Merlin Entertainments, which is also the parent company of SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Michigan will open in spring 2016.
Coupon Savvy Sarah is excited to be a LEGOLAND Brand Supporter so I will be keeping you up-to-date with all the pre-opening activity! You can also visit their website here and also follow LEGOLAND Discovery Center Michigan on Facebook and Twitter - Make sure to use the hashtag #LDCMichigan to see all of the posts!
Thank you LEGOLAND Discovery Center Michigan for all the images in this post and we cannot wait to come visit the attraction and give you some behind-the-scenes views in the coming months!
Disclosure: Coupon Savvy Sarah receives products or attends events in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for deliver of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 225: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising"