Breakfast on the weekends in our house is an important time for the entire family to sit down and reconnect before the start of our busy weeks. Now that fall is here and the weather is cooling down, we crave hearty breakfasts that warm us up and are comfort foods. Oatmeal is at the top of that list for us and our Baked Oatmeal recipe is easy and delicious to make.
Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs (we prefer Eggland's Best eggs)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Dried berries, optional (we used dried cherries, blueberries and raisins)
- Additional milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter.
- Stir into oat mixture until blended; Sprinkle dried berries over oat mixture, if desired.
Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan or a 13x9 cake pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until set. Serve warm with milk, if desired.