My almond bread recipe is by far one of my most requested recipes that I get asked about. I usually make this recipe in loaf pans as a bread but sometimes I like to fancy it up a bit and make it in a bundt cake pan (or my pretty sunflower-shaped Nordicware pan). No matter the shape it takes....my almond bread is out of this world delicious!
I submitted this recipe to a bake-off at one of our local bakeries and it took 2nd place! I even submitted it to Gooseberry Patch (they are a cool kitchen gadget store and publish tons of cookbooks) and they published it this past February in their 101 Blue Ribbon Dessert Recipes Cookbook - you can check it out here on Amazon!
Since I am asked most often for this recipe, I have decided to share it with everyone (even though I am sure I will still get those special requests asking me to make it for them).
My Prize Winning Almond Bundt Cake (and Bread) Recipe
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- chopped/sliced or slivered almonds
- raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Beat sugar, egg, almond extract, milk and softened butter together.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In bottom of greased bundt pan, sprinkle almonds and raw sugar to make a nice crunchy topping.
- Pour cake batter over almonds/sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of cake.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
- NOTE: To make this recipe as a sweet bread in a loaf pan, mix all ingredients as stated in steps 1-3. Distribute batter between 1-2 loaf pans (depending on the size of your loaf pans) and fill each greased loaf pans at least halfway full. Sprinkle almonds and raw sugar on the top of the batter. Place loaf pan(s) in 350F oven for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of loaf of bread.
Click here to pin my Prize Winning Almond Bundt Cake (and Bread) Recipe to Pinterest for easy reference and safe-keeping!