We love making and giving delicious gifts to our family and friend all year round. We also love making jam in the summer months and apple butter in the fall as gifts and for our personal use (Rose loves my Strawberry Freezer Jam).
Ball has released Limited Edition purple style canning jars that are just beautiful!! These are the last in the 3 year series of Heritage Collection jars. The year 2013 marked the 100th anniversary of the development of a series of jars, designed by the Ball brothers, each intended to be better than the one before. 1913 saw the launch of the first true “Perfect Mason” jar followed in 1914 by the “PERFECTION,” then finally by “IMPROVED” in 1915.
These limited edition Purple Heritage Collection Regular Mouth Pint Jars are a celebration of that heritage, featuring period-inspired purple color and embossed logos on front and back. These jars maintain all modern Ball jar standards for quality and reliability. Perfect for all of your creations... or as a collectible item!
We have an easy recipe to share with you to fill them with - our Holiday Swirl Cookies (Gifts in a Jar recipe). Note: My photo is not from the gorgeous purple jars - I want to keep an element of surprise for my family peeking my blog....but my photo is using clear Ball canning jars we made last year :)....We love Ball glass and plastic jars in case you were wondering.
Holiday Swirl Cookies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Nestle swirled Holiday morsels
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour mixture, brown sugar, sugar and the morsels - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
HOLIDAY SWIRL COOKIES GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1/2 cup shortening, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
COOKIE GIFT TAG INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Remove morsels from jar and set aside.
- Beat butter and shortening until creamy in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients from jar; mix until well blended.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with vanilla extract using a fork; add to flour mixture.
- Gently stir in morsels.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Ball® Purple Heritage Collection Pint Jars features a set of 6 regular mouth 1-pint capacity jars that are limited edition 100th anniversary sets of the “IMPROVED” jar by the Ball Brothers. They have period-inspired packaging and heritage purple color jars with custom embossed front and back. They maintains same quality, performance and structure as current regular mouth pint jars with unique color encourages use in trendy crafts and storage projects. The Purple Heritage Collection Pint Jars are the third and final year of a multi-year limited edition series and are made in USA.
These jars are available at major retailers nationwide including Target and Bed Bath and Beyond including online at Amazon too!
Disclosure: Coupon Savvy Sarah receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 225: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising"