Easter Bunny Racers are an adorable idea for kids during the Springtime and Easter season. They are easy to assemble and the kids can help too! Plus you can use a many different candy objects to achieve the desired "tricked-out" car.
Easter Bunny Racers
- 24 Swiss cake rolls
- 1 (16 ounce) container chocolate frosting (or vanilla)
- 24 Marshmallow Rabbit PEEPS
- 1 Bag ring-shaped gummy candies (cut in half)
- 24 Lifesavers candies (hard or gummy candies)
- 48 M&M's plain chocolate candy 96 Spree candies
- Unwrap Swiss cake rolls and put on flat surface to work on.
- Place contents of frosting container in quart-sized Ziploc bag; press all air out, seal and snip corner off end.
- Cut a shallow V shape in bottom of Peeps so they sit flat on cake rolls.
- Add small amount of frosting to bottom of Peeps and stick on almost to the back of cake rolls.
- Take halved ring-shaped gummy slices and add small dabs of frosting to cut end and stick down behind Peep as the "back of the seat".
- Next, add small dab of frosting to Lifesavers and stick down in front of Peep on a slight angle for steering wheel.
- Take 2 matching M&M's and adhere to front of cake roll as the headlights.
- Take 4 matching Spree candies (or equivalent) and use frosting to adhere them two to each long side of cake roll as the tires.
- Repeat with all cake rolls.