Public Media Distribution has released the first Kate & Mim-Mim DVD titled Kate & Mim-Mim: Flight of the Flowers this past week! This debut DVD features six fun-filled tales perfect for spring. From trying to catch and plant a speedy surprise sapling seed, to getting miniaturized by beautiful sunny shrinking violet pedals, the outdoor adventures within Flight of the Flowers provide a wonderful way to get kids excited about the upcoming warmer weather and heading outside!
In the story “Flight of the Flowers,” Lily is having a Spring Thing party to kick off the season and Kate has an idea to help Lily decorate with some nicer-than-nice spring-tastic flowers. Kate, Mim-Mim, Gobble, and Tack fly silky soft wind flowers to Lily. Along the way Mim-Mim has trouble flying his flower, but with encouragement from Kate to keep trying, Mim-Mim becomes a flower pilot! This DVD also includes a tree-mendous story called “Bunch O’Boomers.” In this tale Gobble is working to create delicious jam from popper peach trees. The group runs into a problem when the peaches start to pop before they can be put into a jar and Boomer uses Tack’s copy-zapper to create several Boomer clones. In the end, Kate realizes that more friends help make a job go faster and she enlists the assistance of all the Boomers to collect the needed peaches for Gobble’s jam!
Exploring themes of friendship, adventure, and problem solving, “Kate & Mim-Mim” encourages children to use their imaginations and work together, believing no problem is ever too big to solve!
The stories included within Kate & Mim-Mim: Flight of the Flowers are below.
- Flight of the Flowers: Kate’s riding her bike for the first time without training wheels and she keeps falling. In Mimiloo, Kate and her friends must learn to fly giant wind flowers in order to surprise Lily at her Spring Thing party! But Mim-Mim has never flown a flower before, and Kate must help him gain his confidence to become a flower pilot.
- The Need For Seed: Kate doesn’t understand why her flower is so much smaller than Mom’s. In Mimiloo, Kate and Mim-Mim help their friends catch a surprise sapling seed – a speedy seed that sprouts in the most surprising way! The wiggly seed leads them on a wild underground adventure in search of its ideal place to grow. But will it be worth the chase?
- Butterfly Flowers: Kate wants to fix her pop-up book without Mom’s help. In Mimiloo, everyone’s preparing to watch the butterfly flowers fly away after sunset. To get a good view, Tack tries to build a lighthouse all by himself – but loses his light bulb in the process! Kate must convince him that he needs his friends’ help to get his lighthouse working.
- Small Wonders: Kate’s too small to carry flower pots and can’t help her parents. In Mimiloo, shrinking violet petals fly all over Kate and Mim-Mim, shrinking them to insect-size! To return to regular size, they must traverse the vast jungle of Gobble’s garden. It’s a daunting journey, until they meet Tiny, a teeny little ant who can do big things!
- Babysitting Squoosh: Kate wonders what’s wrong with her birdhouse – the birds aren’t visiting it. In Mimiloo, Kate, Mim-Mim and their friends offer to babysit a shape-changing baby squoosh so its mama squoosh can focus on building a nest. But getting the squoosh to nap and eat is harder than it sounds!
- Bunch O’Boomers: Kate needs to find four purple buttons for plushy Mim-Mim’s new sweater, but there are so many to look through, it’s going to take a long time. In Mimiloo, Gobble uses Tack’s copy-zapper to duplicate popper peach trees so he can make the biggest batch of popper peach jam ever. But things get messy when Boomer duplicates himself!
Given our recent crazy weather in Michigan with 5 snow days in a matter of a week, we are desperately waiting for Spring to arrive. This DVD was the perfect solution to get our heads in the game for warmer weather because we are all anxious to be back outside! This series is really cute and I am glad we found it - my nieces love Mim-Mim!! Would be a perfect addition to Easter baskets this Spring!
Kate & Mim-Mim, which recently launched its second season on Disney Junior, airs weekdays at 11:00 am. Kate & Mim-Mim: Flight of the Flowers is now available to own on DVD. The DVD run time is approximately 65 minutes and its SRP is $12.99. It is available to purchase at major retailers nationwide in addition to online at Amazon.
Disclosure: Coupon Savvy Sarah receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 225: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising"