PBS is releasing six stories from the popular series “Kate & Mim-Mim” on the new DVD “THE MIMILOO ZOO.” In addition to including six fun-filled tales, this DVD features a bonus video called “Mimiloo’s Creatures.” Join Kate and Mim-Mim and their friends Lily, Gobble, Tack, and Boomer as they encounter an amazing assortment of curious creatures including baby humming turtles, a unicorn, lemmings, and mitty kats!
In the story “The Mimiloo Zoo,” Kate’s trip to the zoo gets canceled because it’s raining, so it’s off to the fantasy world of Mimiloo! In Mimiloo, animals made out of bushes are being created for Gobble and Tack’s AMAZING new fruit garden inside their AMAZING new hedge maze. When Mim-Mim accidently spritzes the animals twice with Gobble’s powerful presto potion, they come to life and things quickly get wild! With the animals creating a bit of havoc, the gang needs to find a place for them to live and Kate knows the perfect location.
This DVD also features the story “Lily and the Unicorn.” Lily has always wanted to see a unicorn, and now is the perfect time as beautiful shimmer flowers, which unicorns love to eat, are blooming. After searching all day, the gang final locates a whole garden of flowers. When the garden starts to float away, with Lily, who can save her?
“THE MIMILOO ZOO” will be available on DVD September 20, 2016 at major retailers nationwide in addition to online at Amazon. The DVD run time is approximately 65 minutes and it's SRP is $12.99.
The stories included within “THE MIMILOO ZOO” are below:
- The Mimiloo Zoo: Kate’s family trip to the zoo is canceled when it starts raining. In Mimiloo, Kate and Mim-Mim help their pals make animals out of bushes. But after two spritzes from Gobble’s presto potion, the animals come alive, and things quickly get a little too wild!
- Kate’s Turtle Drive: When Kate’s ant farm breaks, she wonders how to get the ants back in their home. In Mimiloo, Lily has found hatching humming turtle eggs! Cowgirl Kate must find a way to round up the baby humming turtles and lead them to their mama in the Singing Seas.
- Lily and the Unicorn: Kate is looking for fireflies, but they keep flying away without lighting up. In Mimiloo, Kate, Mim-Mim, and Tack’s Sniffer Finder, a rambunctious robot dog, help Lily look for her favorite magical animal, a unicorn, by tracking its favorite food – shimmer flowers!
- To Catch a Critter: Enchanted by its hopping, Kate captures a grasshopper, but as soon as it’s in the jar, it stands still. In Mimiloo, Kate and Mim-Mim help Lily and Boomer try to capture some amazing new Mimiloo critters to learn all about them.
- Follow the Leader: A bird has flown into Kate’s house, and Kate has an idea to get it out – but her parents can’t hear her over the commotion. In Mimiloo, a group of lemmings are in trouble and decide that Mim-Mim is their leader. They ask him to find them a new home – but a soft-spoken little lemming has a great idea herself!
- Kittens & Mittens: While Kate and Mom are looking after a box of kittens, the box tips and they run all over the house. In Mimiloo, a flurry of mitty kats have overtaken Lily and Boomer’s house! Kate cleverly spots something they can use to round up the mitty kats and lead them home to the Winter Waterfalls.
Inspired by a real life little girl, “Kate & Mim-Mim” follows the fantastical adventures of five-year-old Kate, who, together with her toy rabbit Mim-Mim, travels to the fantasy world of Mimiloo where Mim-Mim comes alive as a larger-than-life playmate. In each story, Kate and Mim-Mim and their group of loveable friends discover exciting new places and set off on adventures, all in the hope of solving a puzzling problem Kate has encountered in the real world.
I love how Kate & Mim-Mim explores the themes of friendship, adventures and problem solving, in addition to encouraging children to use their imaginations and work together. With that mind-set, no problem is ever too big to solve!
Disclosure: Coupon Savvy Sarah receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 225: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising"