My family and I saw Doctor Strange in theaters last year and were truly blown away visually with the special effects and stunts, in addition to depth and growth of the different characters on screen. It is definitely a movie not to be missed and after grossing over to date $675 million at the worldwide box office, it appears we are not alone in loving this movie!
A brief movie synopsis from Marvel Studios:
From Marvel Studios comes Doctor Strange, the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident renders his hands useless. When traditional medicine fails him, he travels to the remote Kamar-Taj in search of a cure. Instead, he discovers the mystical arts and becomes a powerful sorcerer battling dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Bring Home the mystifying, mind-bending journey of Doctor Strange now on Digital HD and Blu-ray™.
The Blu-ray and Digital releases come packaged with over 80 minutes of fascinating, never-before-seen bonus materials, including five behind-the-scenes featurettes, five deleted scenes, hilarious outtakes, part two of the comical mockumentary “Team Thor,” audio commentary, and an exclusive look at the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The film boasts an award-winning cast, including Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Imitation Game,” “Black Mass”) as Dr. Stephen Strange, Chiwetel Ejiofor (“12 Years a Slave,” “Triple 9”) as Mordo, Rachel McAdams (“Spotlight,” “Southpaw”) as Dr. Christine Palmer, Benedict Wong (“The Martian,” “Prometheus”) as Wong, Michael Stuhlbarg (“A Serious Man,” “Steve Jobs”) as Dr. Nicodemus West, Benjamin Bratt (“Traffic,” “Piñero”) as Jonathan Pangborn, and Scott Adkins (“El Gringo,” “The Expendables 2”) as Lucian/Strong Zealot, with Mads Mikkelsen (“The Hunt,” “Casino Royale”) as Kaecilius and Academy Award® winner Tilda Swinton (2007 Best Supporting Actress, “Michael Clayton”; “Julia”) as The Ancient One.
BLU-RAY Bonus Features (Note - Bonus features not available on DVD and may vary by retailer):
- A Strange Transformation – Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life.
- Strange Company – Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambitious, imaginative films ever.
- The Fabric of Reality – Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements.
- Across Time and Space – Explore the countless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles.
- The Score-cerer Supreme – Join Composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music.
Team Thor: Part 2 – See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short.
- Strange Meets Daniel Drumm
- Kaecilius Searches for Answers
- The Kamar-Taj Courtyard
- Making Contact
- Lost in Kathmandu
Audio Commentary by Director Scott Derrickson
- Through the Keyhole: The Science of the MCU – Discover how Marvel grounds all its films in real science, and explore the connection between science, magic and imagination.
First off....as with any Marvel movie, please watch through the end credits - all of them! You will be rewarded with some movie clips for upcoming Marvel movies and other bonus scenes. Secondly - stop what you are doing and buy this movie. It truly is an amazing movie with the effects, the complex characters, the dry humor and all the fantastic bonus materials (I think we watched the gag reel a dozen times). I cannot wait to see how Marvel incorporates Doctor Strange in the upcoming Avengers movies - we are so excited!
Doctor Strange is available today at major retailers nationwide in addition to online sellers such as Amazon and also here on Best Buy. I definitely suggest investing in the Blu-ray combo pack which has the Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD copies of the movie so you have multiple ways to watch the movie, even when you aren't at home, plus the bonus materials shouldn't be missed!
|Photo Credit: Conceptual Art. ©2016 Marvel. All Rights Reserved.|
Disclosure: Coupon Savvy Sarah receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 225: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising"