Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies Recipe

These Turkey Cookies are so fun and easy to assemble for Thanksgiving! I remember making these with my family as I was growing up and having a lot of fun as we prepared for the holiday meal. In recent years we have even brought the ingredients to large family gatherings and let the kids assemble the cookies for dessert to keep the occupied while the adults visited with each other! Think of it as an edible craft!

The Turkey Cookies typically use store-bought sugar cookies (I used chocolate chip because the store was out of sugar cookies) but you can make your own cookies just as easily for this fun treat! Usually candy corn can be found year round, but I tend to grab a few extra bags after Halloween when it is clearance-priced.

Ingredients

  • 1 (10 count) package sugar cookies, store bought
  • 1 (16 ounce) container chocolate frosting
  • 1 (13 ounce) package Reese's miniature peanut butter cups
  • 1 (8 ounce) package candy corn
  • 1 (1 ounce) package red decorating gel or frosting

Directions

  1. Spread chocolate icing on sugar cookies.
  2. Unwrap peanut butter cups.
  3. Place Reese's peanut butter cups on lower half of frosted cookie.
  4. Fan 5-6 candy corns (tip down) around top of peanut butter cup to make the "feathers."
  5. Make the eyes and gobbler on the neck with the red gel icing.
  6. NOTE: This recipe can be adjusted to make any quantity you need.


10 comments:

  1. Those look so cute and so yummy thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. Anything with Reeses = delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute and festive! Just pinned them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too cool! I got to PIN them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are cute and they look pretty easy to make too! Great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute dessert for the kids. Now I know what to do with the 2 bags of candy corn I bought on clearance after Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so stinkin' cute!!! My kids would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable!!! I'll have to make these with my boys :)

    ReplyDelete