“The featured product was provided free of charge from Nickelodeon to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% the opinion of the Coupon Savvy Sarah family.”
The Turtles from the 2003 hit-animated series have re-emerged in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Search for Splinter and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: NYC Showdown, bringing some of the biggest adventures from season one of this classic series back to DVD in two exciting volumes, each offered at a great value price!
Created by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Search for Splinter and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: NYC Showdown are both available on DVD June 9 for the suggested retail price of $9.99 each. You will be able to purchase them at major retailers nationwide and online at Amazon for a discounted price.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Search For Splinter
- Things Change–In the first episode of this series, the Turtles and Master Splinter are suddenly attacked by a horde of Mouser robots! These mechanical menaces chomp through stone, steel, and even Turtles, until the roof of the Turtle’s sewer-lair caves in, separating our heroes from their beloved Master. Now the Turtles must abandon their home of 15 years and find their missing master. On the way, they have to deal with collapsed sewer tunnels, the Purple Dragon street gang and a small army of mysterious, highly trained ninjas!
- The Search for Splinter, Part 1–After the frustrated Turtles exhaust their search for Splinter, their suspicions turn to the Guardians and the trail soon leads them to a non-descript building. The initials of its company name spell out “TCRI”–the same letters stamped onto the canister of ooze responsible for their mutation. Now with two reasons to infiltrate that building, the Turtles recruit both April and Casey to help get them inside.
- The Search for Splinter, Part 2–In this conclusion of the two-part season finale, the Turtles successfully infiltrate the mysterious TCRI building, where they manage to sneak into its inner sanctum and locate the unconscious Splinter inside a stasis tank. They also discover that there’s more to the technicians inside than meets the eye.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: NYC Showdown
- Return to New York, Part 1-The Turtles return to New York with one goal in mind--to destroy Shredder once and for all. With April providing remote computer assistance from the lair, the Turtles begin their assault on the Foot Headquarters skyscraper, fighting their way to the top, floor by floor. They must overcome an army of Foot Ninja Guards and the deadly cloaking Foot Tech Ninja, but no one is quite prepared for what they encounter inside a Foot Genetics lab.
- Return to New York, Part 2-The Turtles and Splinter continue to fight their way up through the Foot Headquarters skyscraper, facing down three misshapen Mutant Shredder Clones, a hallway of traps and never-before-seen supernatural foes known as the Mystic Ninja. Finally, they reach their goal--the top floor and Shredder's throne room--but they must confront Shredder's deadly Foot Elite Ninja. Things really get out of hand when Stockman, in a souped-up exo-suit, crashes the party…literally.
- Return to New York, Part 3-With Stockman showing up in the middle of the final battle between our heroes and Shredder, everything is thrown into chaos, temporarily forcing the Turtles to team up with Shredder and Hun to defeat Stockman before he annihilates them all. Once Stockman is eliminated, the final fight continues as the Turtles face the ultimate challenge high atop Shredder’s skyscraper.
I remember watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was my daughter's age (Donatello was my favorite) so it was fun to be able to share some of these cartoons from the 2003 series with her and my nephews. They all enjoyed catching up on some of these older episodes. Both of these DVDs have a run-time of 65 minutes each and would be perfect for any TMNT fan!
Coupon Savvy Sarah is giving away these TWO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVDs to one lucky reader - Just Enter to Win on the Rafflecopter form below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Coupon Savvy Sarah receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 225: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising"