Red Hot Devil's take hotdogs to another level with this amazing spicy red sauce. This recipe is a family creation and we love them! Once my husband and I had a craving for them but didn't have any hotdogs, so we cut up a ring bologna in chunks and covered it in the sauce and baked it - YUM!! This recipe is really versatile and there is a lot of room to play with the ingredients: the mustard could be the yellow stuff or Dijon; the relish could be sweet or dill; the diced onion could be fresh or dehydrated; the vinegar could be white, red wine, cider, etc. ENJOY and make this recipe your own!
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons relish
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package hot dogs, 8-10 count
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the hotdogs, lengthwise about 2/3rds of the way through.
- Arrange hotdogs in oven-safe baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Fill hotdogs with the sauce mix.
- Cover with foil and cook for about 30-45 minutes or until cooked through and mixture is bubbly.
- Place hotdogs in buns with the sauce.