I love making homemade edible gifts to give during the holiday season and even to bring to gatherings and parties we attend. A couple years ago my sister gave us cookies on a homemade edible plate and it was such a fun idea that we decided to do it ourselves! The fun thing about this recipe is you can get very creative when shaping the hot melted mints and create some fancy shapes like bowls and cups too, in addition to plates and platters!
- Starlight Mints - red and green (we used generic ones, but you can also use Brach's mints)
- Cookie sheets, circular pizza sheets, jelly roll pans and spring-form pans
- Parchment paper (wax paper can be used too but parchment works better)
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Place wax paper on whatever type of pan you are using.
3. Arrange mints in any design you wish on top of wax paper or parchment paper on a cookie sheet (We did all red plates and a red and green ringed bowl - use your imagination). Allow for space around edge of paper since mints will melt and spread a little.
4. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.
5. Take out and allow to cool on cookie sheet for approximately 5 minutes (cool for less time if you are trying to mold into a bowl or other shape - it will need to cool long enough for mints not to run). Note: we molded one of our round shapes over an upside down bowl (heat-resistant) to shape into the bowl below!
6. Remove wax paper from bottom - these are fragile so handle with care.
|We even stacked our homemade bowl and plate for an extra festive flair!|